I'm 6 days post op and have fluid gathering under my nipples. How can I get rid of this swelling?

I am subjected to gynecomastia six days ago, but I feel that under the nipple gather water and there is swelling of the skin and the breast is different from the other in a simple, does this is normal and does not need fear or a sense that the process has failed, or there is a medical disorder has led to it ... and I have Another question: Dr who underwent the operation has said that water and blood breast graduated with time and hide the swelling, my question is how to get out of this water through?

Possible Fluid 6 Days Post Op

A collection of fluid under the skin occurs occasionally during the postoperative period. Aspiration of the fluid with a needle is frequently helpful. Secondary surgery is rarely necessary.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin.

If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

It appears that you have a seroma or a blood collection that needs to be drained. Please follow up with your doctor as these issues require the attention of a plastic surgeon.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon