Gyncomestia surgery with only liposuction?

Dear All, from 03 weeks i went to Thailand to carry out Gyncomestia surgery for liposuction and excision for the tissue, and the Doctor marked my chest for this then after the surgery i surprised that he did only liposuction and told me i didn't found big tissues to remove so i did only liposuction and i disappointed and upset,now after three week some times i feel there is few fat in the left side specially on the nipple when it soft and and i feel no need for what i did, should i do it again?

Healing From Gynecomastia Surgery with Liposuction

It's still very early into your healing. After your #Gynecomastia #surgery, the #incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. 

In the future, if you are concerned with scars, with your surgeon's approval you may be able to use scar management treatments such as Biocornuem,  Scar Guard, Scar Fade,  IPL Laser,  Yag Laser,   5fu/Kenalog for thick scars, or silicone sheeting. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Liposuction vs excision

Thank you for the question but without an examination it is difficult to make a recommendation other then you are still early post op and things may change.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns but you are early out of surgery;  too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed. If in the longer term you remain displeased and breast tissue remains of concern, direct excision of this tissue and/or additional liposuction surgery may be helpful. Best wishes.

Male breast reduction

I I Don't think I would worry just yet. It can take a couple months for all the swelling to go down. If you're surgery was close I would suggest potentially having steroid injection in the area to be sure that it is not scar tissue that is building up. You may have to find A surgeon close to you to do this examination and treatment.Good luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy after gynecomastia surgery

Getting great results from gynecomastia surgery is much harder than it looks. It's also harder than surgeons who only dabble in it realize. It's probably best to discuss your dissatisfaction with your surgeon and hopefully something more can be done.

Gynecomastia Surgery

3 weeks is way too early to judge the result. the healing phase can last anywhere from 8 weeks to months. I would wait at least a year before deciding to doing any revision.

Dr. Azad

Kamran Azad, MD
Pasadena Physician

Gynecomastia Surgery

Hi mmma87,
Thanks for the post. First of all at 3 weeks you are very early in the healing phase and things may change over the next few months. That being said, what you may be feeling on the left side is the breast tissue. I recommend you wait until you are at least 6 months out from surgery to consider having a revision surgery.

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD