Does it look like a double bubble? (photo)

I had a BA surgery three weeks ago. From day one my left boob looks like it has what is called the double bubble problem. Im very happy with the results anyhow. But im concerned are they going to look different in the future or is there a chance that the double bubble will vanish by itself ? I was measured as 32 A and i went to 415 under the muscle

Double Bubble

Thank you for your question and photo. It appears that you could have a remaining band of tension in the lower pole of your breast where a previous, natural fold was. If that is the case, it may relax and round out over time but I recommend that you see your surgeon and let them assess and advise you.

All the best

Double bubble? Requires an in-person breast examination

Sorry, but from the given picture, it is not clear if you have a double bubble deformity, and we will need more pictures from different angles to advise you.

It would be in your best interests to have an in-person follow-up with your plastic surgeon to share your concerns.

That being said, double-bubble refers to 2 distinct folds underneath the breast where the bottom one is from the implant, and the one higher up is from the natural breast tissue. This happens when the implant chosen is too big, or if there was an improper dissection of the inframammary fold ligament that is attached to the overlying breast tissue. This ligament is coming from the pectoralis muscle, and when this is not released, then the natural breast fold persists above the fold created by the implant. To correct it, you may place a smaller implant, release the inframammary fold's connection with the breast tissue, transfer your own body's fat to camouflage the two fold depression under the breasts, or restore the original breast fold. Doing so will correct the persistent fold. 

Please follow up with your surgeon, and their instructions and diagnosis should take precedence over all else you read here as they are better informed about your surgical details. If you are doubtful regarding their advice, you may have a second-opinion.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD