Can I use chemical peeling for whitening my knees and elbows?

My Knees and elbows are dark Can I use chemical peeling for whitening or it will be darker cause some dr's said that I can and others told me that they will be darker. And does it worth or i will not notice any change and thanks a lot

Chemical peeling for dark knees and elbows

Darker elbows and knees come about usually because of the thicker skin and the prevalence of folds in those areas. Plus there are no oil glands in these areas, tending to make the skin drier. So, when proper care and hygiene is not maintained, the skin on knees and elbows becomes much darker than other parts of your body. Not to mention the frequent rubbing, overexposure to the sun, genetic factors, hormonal imbalance, obesity, dead skin build up and increased melanin pigment. There are a number of home remedies to lighten dark elbows and knees – like coconut oil, sugar, lemon, yogurt, almonds, and aloe Vera. But I’m guessing that none of these remedies have given the results you seek. Chemical peels are a good option for you -- you will need to cleanse and soften the skin in those areas so that exfoliation can take place. Creams that contain alpha hydroxyl acids, salicylic acid, and/or urea in a very thick moisturizing base would be good for you. This condition is highly treatable, do visit a board certified cosmetic surgeon to start the treatment that will lighten these tough areas.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon