What is the best solution for a fractured crown with the post attached?

My crown which has a post and core came out together with the post. What is the best solution if I go to the dentist? Do I need to undergo any gum surgery? If yes, how Will the gum surgery be conducted?

Fractured post and crown #DrSoftTouch

I would recommend seeing your dentist to have the tooth evaluated. It's possible that the cement failed and it can be recemented. However, whena post comes out it usually happens due to the poor condition of the tooth (decay or fracture present). You would really need an evaluation and x-ray to determine what options you have at this point. I hope this helps.  Click save under my name to ask me more questions in the future.