Can I keep using Retinol and antibacterial while doing laser and IPL LIGHT FACIAL?

Can I keep taking vitamin a in form of retinol 5000 iu and an antibacterial After having laser and IPL light facial ???? And how long should i stop them before every session ?

Thanks for your query. Yes oral retinol is safe for IPl light facial. You should stop it at least three days before you go in for the facial. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Discontinue Retinol Before IPL

Thank you for your question. Retinol and some antibiotics can increase sensitivity to light. Therefore, it is important to discontinue them at least 1 week prior to treatment with IPL. Your doctor can help determine the best plan and treatment options to meet your needs.

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Retinoids with IPL

Thank you for your question maria00099. IPL is a great treatment for facial rejuvenation. For my patients I recommend stopping retinoids one week before and after a treatment as the skin may be sensitive. Certain antibiotics can lead to photosensitivity and should be stopped before and after a treatment. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician