I having a hair loss I'm 22 years old now. (photos)

Im female. I'm 22year old. I'm having a serious hair loss problems. I visited many doctor in my country but no one can really help me as a professional. Please help me. How to stop hair fall and how to re grow my hair?

We've been able to treat diffuse female pattern hair loss with a single treatment session, and over 99% success rate

Thank you for your question. You’re 22-years-old, submitted photos of the top of your scalp and microscope photos probably from your evaluation, and ask about hair loss because you are unable to get any assistance in your country.

I can give you some guidance from how we deal with patients like yourself in our practice. A little background, I’m a Board-certified cosmetic surgeon and Fellowship-trained oculofacial plastic and reconstructive surgeon. I’ve been in practice in Manhattan and Long Island for over 20 years, and I am the founder of TrichoStem™ Hair Regeneration Centers. This is a technology we developed based on wound healing material we used for hair transplant, and is now a non-surgical solution for both men and women with pattern hair loss. The success rate is over 99% for our patients who come to us from all over the world. So we have a lot of experience with situations like yours.

To begin, when someone young has a history of hair loss, we evaluate first to see if there is any family history. We recently treated a woman who is 16, and she came with her mother who had exactly the same pattern of hair loss, so there was a very strong, direct family history. To determine family history or a genetic pattern, we do a biopsy where we take samples of the skin in 3 different areas, then send the tissue to a university pathology lab to establish if it’s androgenetic or genetic pattern hair loss, or inflammatory or scarring hair loss. It is also important for women to also have an evaluation with an endocrinologist or medical doctor, whether it is your OB-GYN or internist to have hormonal levels, iron levels, and other potential causes of hair loss eliminated before undergoing treatment.

It is becoming clear that a larger group of younger people, both men and women, have genetic pattern loss at a very young age. We treat this problem with Hair Regeneration, which is a combination of Acellular matrix and platelet-rich plasma (PRP) as well as other elements. This is usually a one-time treatment, sometimes done twice over the course of 15-18 months after the initial treatment for people with advanced hair loss. With Hair Regeneration, we’re able to stop progression, reactivate hair that is not growing and induce the shedding of thinning hair and so thicker hairs can grow in. Like the photos you submitted of your scalp, both from the top as well as microscopically, we do regular microscopic and standardized digital photography to establish the hair loss pattern, and track progress of treatment.

When people come from outside our immediate area as we get a lot of people from around the world, we try to get people back in periodically, but obviously we can’t see them as often as someone who lives in the tri-state area. However, one of the things we clearly established over the many years of doing this treatment is the earlier we catch someone, the better it is. There are people who start hair loss very young, like a male who’s 16 or 17-years-old, who can be bald by 22. The earlier we catch someone, the better it is because the more salvageable hair follicles we have to work with.

Since you are trying to learn about options outside your immediate area,  learn more about Hair Regeneration. It is important to first establish the medical basis for your hair loss - you don’t want to use a treatment for one thing when you actually have something else. Establish that your hair loss is not hormonal, metabolic, or nutritional and diagnose maybe through a dermatologist that it’s not inflammatory or autoimmune. Those types of conditions account for 5% of hair loss cases, while in 95% of cases in men and women is genetic pattern loss. Unfortunately, medical literature doesn’t have too much information about this, but I suspect it is mainly because there weren’t many options until now. I hope that was helpful, I wish you the best of luck and thank you for your question.

This personalized video answer to your question is posted on RealSelf and on YouTube. To provide you with a personal and expert response, we use the image(s) you submitted on RealSelf in the video, but with respect to your privacy, we only show the body feature in question so you are not personally identifiable. If you prefer not to have your video question visible on YouTube, please contact us.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon