Age 26 and want to do the Hair Transplant. Any suggestions?

i am 26 years old man who have loss of hair since the age of 21 years.I found I had a male patern baldnes.For your information, i have use minoxidil for 5 month but still do not see a significant impact. I take zinc suplemnt over a year ago n my hair still like the first. Whether appropriate my action to make hair transplant with fue technique ?

If you are considering a hair transplant surgery, it is best to see a doctor in person for a consultation.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

26 years old and wants a hair transplant

Once you believe that you can benefeit from a hair transplant, you now must select the right doctor. See video below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

26 y/o interested in hair transplant

Without seeing you in person, or at least seeing some photos or a video, I can't really advise you other than to say that the single most effective treatment for male pattern baldness is the drug finasteride. The combination of finasteride + minoxidil + low level laser therapy would probably be even more effective.  It's important to understand that medical treatment could be "effective" even if you don't actually see a difference in your appearance. You say you have lost a noticeable amount of hair in the last 5 years. We have to assume that you would continue losing hair over the next 5 years if you didn't do anything, and that you would see the difference; so if you take finasteride and DON'T see a difference, the drug has probably been effective. If you see some improvement in your hair loss, that's a bonus.  You should try to find an experienced, ethical hair transplant surgeon who can meet with you in person and tell you if you are a good candidate for a hair transplant, and explain the pros and cons of the FUE ("strip") method of donor harvesting vs FUE.    Thanks for your question – I hope my answer has been helpful.

Jonathan Ballon, MD
Atlanta Hair Restoration Surgeon