Does sleeping position after liposuction causes dents?

Does sleeping position after liposuction causes dents? I had arm lipo 6 weeks ago and I'm noticing a huge dent in one of my arms (my usual sleeping side). And if yes, is it permanent?

Sleeping position and liposuction result

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

Sleep position should not permanently affect your result. If you wake up with a dent in the morning and it goes away during the day, the 'dent' is from shifts in your swelling, If you are concerned about your result, it is always smart to go in to see your surgeon to be checked.

Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Never really heard of sleeping position causing dents. Usually, dents are caused when too much fat is removed from one area. Best to follow up with your operating surgeon so you can be properly evaluated in person. Good luck!

Dents

Dents are not caused by sleeping on one side verse the other. Contour irregularities are caused by uneven swelling as well as uneven liposuction.  It may take up to 3 months before you see your final results, at that time some of the dents may resolve . Speak to your PS about massage to help contour these areas. 

Johnny Shea-Yuan Chung, MD, FACS
Allentown Plastic Surgeon