Lower blepharoplasty scar revision (Photo)

8 months since transcutanous lower plebharoplasty have done. The scars placed far away from eye lashes bilaterally. The right scar contains redundant skin in its lateral border.and the left one is depressed in its lateral one third. 3 cessions of fractional co2 laser done My question is .can I do revision surgery by now to place the scars directly under eye lashes without causing ectropion.thanks

Lower lid bleph scars

Your scar is a bit on the low side.  Trying to move it up would require excising more skin which may end up pulling the eyelid down and give you an ectropion.  So I would not try that. See if you can find someone with a non-ablative fractionated laser - 1540 nm - as this laser can help scars more than a fractionated CO2.   Some silicone scar cream can also help and eventually this scar should fade away. 

Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Tricky question

I agree with the other answers here. The scar is a little far away from your lash line laterally but eyelid scars settle very well given time. The difficulty as you say is that revision would involved potentially removing a few more millimeters of lid ski and this is likely to pull down on your lower lid margin. Certainly if it were me, I would let nature settle everything down for the next 6 months or so at least. 

Hope that helps.

Adam Goodwin

There are cases where the incision can be lifted but it is very difficult work.

The best when there is no skin incision.  The water for that is already under the bridge.  If an incision is made, it should be up against the lower eyelid lashes.  It should be noted that even then the incision can be visible.  Because your eyes are so big and the lower eyelid so long, I do not recommend attempting to do this.  I do not think the risk and expense is warranted.

Scar revision

Thank you for sharing your case and photos.  Your incision was probably placed a little too far away from your eyelashes to appropriately hide the scar.  Luckily, time heals all wounds and the elevated scar will continue to flatten out with time.  I would defer any further laser treatments at this time.  Remember to wear sunglasses outdoors to prevent hyperpigmentation.  Good luck!

Samuel Baharestani, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon