Do Sientra Textured Round Implants drop, or do they remain in the same position/or close to immediately after surgery? (photos)

I got Sientra 350cc textured round implants, (mod profile) 1 week ago and I love the position they are currently in, but I keep reading about "dropping and fluffing" and how they'll appear too high at first and then drop and fluff. I don't feel like my implants looked too high following surgery, so I am fairly concerned about the possibility of them dropping?? I meet with my surgeon on Fri for my 1 week post op appt, but to calm my nerves in the interim, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Sientra implant position

Your implants look very normal for a week out.  They still have a tight appearance as the implants are being compressed by your tight skin.  They will look even better in a few months.  Because you have textured implants, they are less likely to settle excessively.  What will happen over time is that the skin will relax and expand, allowing a fuller, rounder look at the bottom, center, and side of the breasts.  The upper fullness will blend out a little, but that is a good thing as it will give you a more natural look in the upper chest while retaining the general fullness and roundness.  My guess is you will be happier with your appearance as each week goes by.  As I like to say, "it's the gift that keeps on giving"!

Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

It is important to address any post-operative concerns with your plastic surgeon.  You are still early on in your recovery. Swelling after a breast augmentation occurs with 100% of patients, eventually the swelling will go down and your breasts will drop into their pockets causing them to look more natural but still retain their perkiness. I would continue to wear your surgical bra as directed and perform your breast massages. Your doctor may also prescribe you a Medrol dose pack (steroid) to help with the swelling. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Textured vs smooth

textured implants do theoretically bottom out less- as the others have said, your breast (skin, fat, muscle) will change a bit as it accommodates to your implant which will only make your breasts look better in my opinion.   You look as you should at this juncture and are on target for a very nice result.  Congrats!

Implant position with healing

Your implants will change shape as you heal. Your implants seem to be going through a normal healing process. Implants don't really move with healing, but they do certainly change shape and look different over time. The appearance is quite stable after about three months.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Do Sientra textured round implants drop or maintain the same position?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your breast augmentation.  The "dropping" phenomenon occurs once the swelling in your breast skin, tissues, and muscle that develops after surgery resolves.  This swelling is compressing your implant, flattening it and maintaining more of the volume in the upper portion of your breast.  As your healing matures you will see some redistribution to the lower portion of your breast, stretching the tissues and rounding out the skin to create a natural breast mound.  Hope this helps.

Do Sientra Textured Round Implants drop, or do they remain in the same position/or close to immediately after surgery?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Your plastic surgeon will be best resource when it comes to accurate assessment, advice, and/or meaningful reassurance. There are many variables when it comes to how much breast implants will "settle";  the main variable in my opinion will be exactly how/where the breast implant pocket was dissected. Again, for this reason, your plastic surgeon will be your best resource.
Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.