I am two weeks post-op of septoplasty and rhinoplasty. In the first week I sneezed accidentally when I had nose packing.

And now in these last days (5-6) I am sneezing hard and a little bit often (2 times a day). Is it possible that this made any damage in my septorhinoplasty results. Thank you.

Sneezing after rhinoplasty with nasal packing

Hi, sneezing will not have caused any damage, this is unavoidable and you should try not to worry. Nasal packing is an irritant to the lining of your nose, affects mucociliary function and can cause sinusitis, which is why I try my best to avoid using it after nasal and sinus surgery. 

Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sneezing after rhinoplasty

It is unlikely that sneezing has caused any permanent damage to your nose after septorhinoplasty. If you are concerned, I would return back to your surgeon so they can evaluate you and address your concerns. Best of luck. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon