Am I a potentioal candidate for Femto Lasik since my eyes are +8? Farsightedness correction +8 both eyes

LASIK qualification

Your prescription is too high to fully treat with LASIK. I recommend seeing a surgeon to find out which other vision correction procedures you qualify for. 

San Francisco Ophthalmologist

Potential candidate for femto LASIK for eyes +8 both eyes

Most patients with a prescription of +8.00 and above are candidates for other procedures like lens exchanges. It's best to schedule a free consultation to see what is the best option for you.

Robert T. Lin, MD
City Of Industry Ophthalmologist

+8 correction by lasik?

there is no way that lasik even w a femptosecond laser can get rid of all +8
they should have told you that
maybe it can get rid of +6 and leave you +2 at best, which is a lot better, but they should have told you that

i switched to LASEK and now can sometimes get +8 but also not reliably, but much greater chance of getting all +8 than w a LASIK

but your doctor is not being 100% honest w you:(

Emil William Chynn, MD, FACS, MBA
New York Ophthalmologist

+8 and Lasik

Your prescription is too high for Lasik. The upper limit is around +4, though some doctors will treat up to +6.

Andrew Caster, MD
Los Angeles Ophthalmologist