When can I breathe normally after septorhinoplasty?

Hi! I am almost 2 months post-op of septorhinoplasty, but I do not breath normally. My nose feels a little bit blocked, and sometimes I have to breath through mouth too. When can I breath normally? Thank you.

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Breathing after a rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. Breathing after rhinoplasty will feel blocked due to the swelling inside the nose. Just as there is swelling on the outside, there is also swelling on the inside. The swelling (edema) will gradually improve with time. The exact timeframe depends on the person and other conditions they may have. We see patients who breath well after 2 weeks while others can take up to 2 months. Surgical technique matters to make sure the septum is straight and the nasal valve is strong. But other factors such as allergies, chronic sinus issues etc can play a role if they are present before the surgery. 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon