How much should you rest after having Botox injections to the hands?

I recently had botox to the hands and it has been a few days. I remember my doctor said to me not to use weights in the gym for a week, would this be the same with doing activities such as lifting heavy shopping, swimming and dancing etc..

Botox injections to hands

Hello, and thanks for your question. I generally tell my patients to minimize activity for 1 day after injection of Botox to the hands for hyperhidrosis. In order to determine the best treatment plan for you, I recommend an in-person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox aftercare instructions

Thank you for your question Ian. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expressions. It can also be placed in the palms soles ,and underarms to address excessive sweating. After a Botox treatment on the face or neck I recommend that my patients avoid heat exposure, alcohol consumption, and strenuous exercise for 24 hours and to avoid lying down flat for 4 hours. The same instructions should suffice for a hand treatment. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician