Had pain threshold. No pain?

5th day today. No pain or bruise till now. Am I plain lucky or should I be worried that the procedure might not be effective. Reading the reviews seems pain in recovery is universal. No swelling either, no tingling or pin and needle like pain.. Reading most reviews was anticipating a painful recovery.. Now not sure if I should count myself lucky or has the session not been good enough!! Not sure if to be happy or worried.. Know it's too early to know but still d waiting is getting d better of me

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. The fact that you have not experience any adverse reactions doesn't mean the treatment were not effective.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Results Vary

Not all patients get pain in the area they were treated with Coolsculpting.  This side effect varies, patient to patient.  I can reassure you that the level of discomfort varies and there is absolutely no correlation to the end result.  You can expect to start seeing improvement in the reduction on the fat in 4 weeks and maximum results are in 12 weeks.  Hope this helps.

Grant Stevens, MD

NO pain but still will be gain

Post-treatment pain varies from patient to patient. Some areas on the body are highly sensitive compared to others. Also, the applicator type may determine how much (or how little) pain you’ll experience.  For example, inner thighs seem to be highly sensitive and the large CoolMax “de-bulking” applicator seems to create the most post-treatment discomfort. If you were treated recently and you are experiencing little to no pain, it is likely that you were treated with Coolsculpting’s  new Cool Advantage applicator. Patient feedback has been positive on every level. The Cool Advantage applicator is faster, colder, and the applicator cup is significantly shallower which seems to reduce the amount squeezing and pressure on the tissue thus producing less pain.

No Pain following Cool Sculpting

There is no correlation to pain and outcome so rest assured I do not think you should worried about lack of discomfort. You may however still have delayed onset discomfort but hopefully you will not. Not all patients do experience pain, discomfort and swelling. I would not be concerned at this time. Remember it can take up to 90 days to see results. Best of Luck 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Provides Improvement in Body Contour That lasts!

Thank you for your question. It is not uncommon to have delayed onset of pain around 5 days after Coolsculpting.  The discomfort is due to inflammation of the tissue. Nor everyone has pain or numbness The intermittent discomfort tends to subside within a week. It generally takes about 1 to 2  weeks for the swelling  subside. I do recommend compression for 3 weeks to help with these symptoms.  We utilize the new Cool Advantage applicators which are much more comfortable and reduce treatment time to 35 minutes.  We currently have 4 Coolsculpting machines and can offer "Dual Sculpting" which further reduces the treatment time.  I recommend keeping in touch with the office of your treating provider and regular follow-up.  Best wishes.

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting pain after 5 days.

Pain has nothing to do with results or outcome. Most pain that is late is related to bruising of the nerves. It is usually tolerable with just OTC medications. Apparently, the new CoolAdvantage handpieces have less of this than the original handpieces.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Thank you for your question! Reactions to the Coolsculpting vary from patient to patient. If you are having concerns about the treatment being effective , speak with the practice about your concerns. Always make sure that the preactice is coolsculpting certified as well! 

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon