How much time will it take to get best results? (Photos)

I am 2 months post of hair transplant.How much time it will take to grow complete hair. In my picture hair growth is normal. Can I except results after 1 month

Results after a procedure.

The growth process after a transplant typically takes 9month for a year to see the full result.  The transplanted hair goes into a resting phase and begins to return about 3-4 months.  I tell patients to expect to see improvement around 6 months but, again, the full result is typically realized 9-12 months.  Also, many patients desire an additional procedure as native density can't be accomplished with one procedure.

Final results

Depending on various factors, the first results of your hair transplant procedure will start to become apparent between the 4th and 8th months. However, the final result of the procedure is evident at about 12 months after surgery, and this period may be extended up until 18 months in certain cases. 

Koray Erdogan, MD
Istanbul Hair Restoration Surgeon

It may take 6 to 12 months for you to see the results of a hair transplant surgery. If you are concerned, it is best

It may take 6 to 12 months for you to see the results of a hair transplant surgery.  If you are concerned, it is best to see your doctor for a follow up.  You may actually look worse for the first 1 to 4 months before your hair starts to grow.  

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair growth

At two months post procedure, I don't expect much IF any improvement.  It takes 3-4 months for the hair to begin to grow.  The growth process for a transplant is 9-12 months for the full result.

Justin Misko, MD
Lincoln Hair Restoration Surgeon

Growth after transplant

the results from a transplant typically start to grow at the 3-4 month mark, with the final result between 12-15 months. be patient!

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

To get best results

Regrowing hair is thin, undersized and not bright untill 4-5 th months of hair transplant. İt's normal for new growing hair starting to get native characteristics, waviness, curl in first 4-5 months..This actually takes 10-13 months for hair to become full mature , as thick and bright  as native hair. 

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

How much time for results

For hair transplant, full results are not typically judged until 9-12 months out.  By about 6 months you should be seeing about 50% or more of the growth however. 

Ryan Welter, MD
Boston Hair Restoration Surgeon

When can I expect growth?

At 30 days, I would not expect any significant growth. You must wait it out for at least 5-6 months to see the growth start and 8 months for 80% of the growth to show up

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

What to expect

Transplanted hairs start to visibly regrow between months 4-6. At month 6-9, a patient may expect to see growth for  80% of the transplants. Again, due to the random cycle of hair growth, not all grafts will start growing at the same time. Initially, the hair my be thinner and finer. It will gain length and density as it matures. Full growth from the transplants is usually achieved at 12 months. All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

How much time will take to see the final result?

Hi and thanks for your question. It will take approximately one year from the date of transplantation to see the final result from hair restoration surgery.  On occasion the hair shaft will fall out of the transplanted grafts 1 to 3 months following surgery which is a normal response to transplantation.  I often recommend the patients begin Rogaine to the scalp approximate six weeks following Hair Restoration surgery. This seems to reduce the likelihood of shock loss. Make sure that you follow up with your hair restoration team. Best of luck.

Richard Chaffoo,MD,FACS,FICS

Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS