Medicines to make hair grow faster in Alopecia Areata

I have been suffering from Alopecia Areata for around a year. The doctor prescribed Diprovate lotion and Sensur Oil and Minoxidil. I can see tiny hair growth in the places of application. Please tell me how to make the hair grow thicker and faster. Please.

Doctor Answers 3

Alopecia Areata

If you can go and see a dermatologist, you can get some steroids prescribed. That will potentially make your hair grow again. 
Good luck!!!

Chicago Hair Restoration Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 23 reviews

Alopecia areata

I am afraid you may not be able to accelerate the recovery from alopecia areata. There are a few doctors who have deveoloped special treatment for this condition but you have to shop around to find them

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 27 reviews

Treatments for alopecia areata

Topical steroids and minoxidil can help some individuals with alopecia areata. However steroid injections are generally more effective. Depending on your history other options can be considered too including:

  1. anthralin
  2. diphencyprone (DPCP)
  3. methotrexate
  4. sulfasalazine
  5. essential oils including rosemary, thyme, lavendar and cedarwood oil
  6. tofacitinib

Be sure to see a dermatologist. There are many options to review.

Jeff Donovan, MD, PhD
Vancouver Dermatologist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.