I am a male. I want reduce my breasts without surgery. Is this possible without side effects?

Nib surgical

I am a male. I want reduce my breasts without surgery. Is this possible without side effe

I would recommend an in person consultation.  If you do have gynecomastia, surgical excision is the best way to treat the condition. Seek a plastic surgeon who performs many of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Reducing breasts without surgery

Healthy male patients with excess breast tissue or unwanted breast development who have no underlying breast disease.Men who desire improved physical and aesthetic appearance should have realistic expectations based on their condition and the procedure performed. You should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to be able to get a formal diagnosis and to be able to decide on a course of treatment if necessary.

I want to reduce my male breasts without surgery, is this possible without side effects?

Thank you for your question.  No, if you have gynecomastia this can only be reduced with surgery.  Diet nor exercise will have any change in the breasts.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Addressing Gynecomastia

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. 

About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding. For instance, studies have shown that patients with BMI > 30kg/m sq (placing them in the obese category) have a higher complication rate. Therefore, it is important for patients to be as close as possible to their normal body weight prior to surgery. Not only will this decrease risks of complications, but will also enhance the aesthetic results. Further, normal body weight is different from one patient to another.

The only way to correct gynecomastia is surgery

If you need  gynecomasta surgery,my advice to you is to do a thorough search until you will find a real expert .Do not compromise.. 

Mordcai Blau, MD

Reducing Gynecomastia Without Surgery

Unfortunately there is not any way to reduce male breasts without surgery, unless you have pseudogynecomastia which means your breasts are caused by fat alone and not breast tissue. If your breasts are caused by fat alone then diet and exercise may reduce your breasts. Be sure to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who specializes in gynecomastia give you an evaluation. Good luck.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Gynecomastia and Surgical Versus Non-surgical Techniques

That's a great question! Male enlarged breasts, also known as gynecomastia can be treated in a variety of ways. Every person and every case is different and you would need to be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon to determine what technique would be best to treat you with. Surgical techniques range from liposuction to open techniques through a variety of incisions to remove breast tissue, or in some cases breast tissue and excess skin. Non-surgical techniques for treatment of gynecomastia includes use of Coolsculpt, although this is more effective in fat, as opposed to granular breast tissue. Not every person is a candidate for this. Like everything else in life there are always risks that come with every procedure, whether it is surgical or non-surgical. It is for this reason, that you need to be formally evaluated and have a formal discussion of what your various options are and what the advantages/disadvantages to each method are. Good Luck!

Helen Perakis, MD
Nanuet Plastic Surgeon