2 days after Restylane lip injections with very minimal results. Is this normal? (Photo)

I showed the Dr a pic of what I wanted to achieve and she put 1 full syringe in. As she was doing it, telling me they would look great. They talked to me about swelling, bruising and how it could last a week or so. By the next morning I had no bruising but also no swelling either. I wasn't sore or anything and they looked good. Today I wake up & it's like nothing happened! Not only did I not get the results of the pic but they are barely any bigger if at all! I don't get it!

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

Sometimes more than one syringe is needed and often a more robust filler is needed like voluma to give more longevity or plump.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lips were not filled enough

Thank you for sharing your question and posting the photos. You probably require additional filler injected into the lips. You might benefit from a different product. Make sure your injecting doctor is experienced and has access to multiple products used for lip enhancement.
Good luck,

Fillers and lips

If one syringe didn't give you the result you want, then perhaps you need more filler?  Best of luck..

Restylane and Lip Injections

It is strange that the entire product seems to have disappeared.  I would definitely return and compare your before and after photos.  You may need more product injected to have the fullness that you want.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Restylane in lips

It is unusual to not notice a change after a full syringe of Restylane, but if you had very small lips to start it is possible. the pictures really don't show.  are you sure she is a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon?

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

2 days after Restylane lip injections with very minimal results. Is this normal?

Hello Brielle229,

With a complete syringe injected there is usually a pretty noticeable difference.  Because you are smiling in both your before and after it makes it difficult to assess the volume change.  Volume is best assessed with a resting photo.  If you have not had the result you want, I would recommend you follow up with your injector.  He or she can evaluate you.  If more volume is needed, you can always receive another injection.  There are some fillers that tend to create more volume than Restylane for the lips which may also be an option for you.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Concerns about results after lip augmentation

It is not always possible to achieve outcomes that other patients have been able to get on account of underlying lip anatomy and structure. If you're concerned about your outcomes I would meet with your injector to explore this further. Injection of lips requires a great deal of expertise and I would encourage you to make certain your injector is highly experienced.

Brian Biesman, MD
Nashville Oculoplastic Surgeon