Hygiene concern after sclerotherapy?

If I'm not to remove my compression stocking for a few days post-sclero, how on earth would I keep them clean and odor-free, esp once I start walking or jogging?

Compression hose post sclerotherapy.

I recommend wearing compression hose for 48 hours post sclerotherapy.  However, they can be taken off to shower and then reapply.  If your are wearing them for longer periods of time then you may want to get a second pair so that you can alternate the stockings and wash one pair.

Naples General Surgeon

Sclerotherapy

Thank you for your question in regards to sclerotherapy. Although compression is recommended around the clock, it is fine to take them off to shower. Purchasing an additional pair is also recommended. To be sure whats best for you, see two or more board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Compression technique after sclerotherapy

Every vein specialist has different recommendations as to what to do after sclerotherapy. You should discuss this with the treating physician.

In my practice, we place ace bandages and on day 1, patients change to compression stockings. 

Dr. Karamanoukian