Wanting to know if I need a tummy tuck with muscle repair or an extended tummy tuck? (Photo)

Ready for a tummy tuck i'm 35 and have given birth to 8 children my 9 month old weighed almost 11lbs i work out i'm losing weight but my stomach still looks pregnant even after other pregnancies i've lost great weight but stomach still looks pregnant and sagging skin is unbearable!

Abdominoplasty

Full abdominoplasty with muscle repair is ideal in your case. Of course an exam is needed to be absolutely sure you have no other problems such as hernia. Extended tummy tuck is just extending the incision toward the sides to get out a bit of extra skin. God bless you and your 8 children!! And the doll in photo #2 is a little creepy. haha. Seriously, good luck. 

Wanting to know if I need a tummy tuck with muscle repair or an extended tummy tuck?

Please do not consider having a tummy tuck until you lose significant weight, Fat under the skin prevents adequate tightening of the skin during a tummy tuck.

If you have a tummy tuck now there will be a shelf or step off above the tummy tuck incision in your lower abdomen cuased by fat beneath the tummy skin above thinner skin in the pubic area-you will be very unhappy with that.

You need to have loose skin with minimal fat beneath the skin for a proper tummy tuck result.

The options are to lose weight or have liposuction first, wait six months and have tummy tuck as a second procedure. For more information please read below:

Abdominoplaty

You are a candidate for an abdominoplasty.  When you are in the sitting position place your hands under the skin apron.  Follow this out laterally until it tapers off.  This will give you an idea of the length of the incision necessary for your abdominoplasty.  Your plastic surgeon, during an examination, will be able to advise you on the length of the incision needed to give you a full correction.  

Tummy tuck candidate

Based on your pictures, I would expect that you would be a candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle repair (rectus plication).  I would recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon to go over the options and process thoroughly with you.
Good luck and take care,
Dr. Howell

TT and muscle repair will make a huge difference

Tummy tuck surgery is one of our favorite operations because of the dramatic improvements abdominoplasty patients achieve.

There are various types of abdominoplasty procedures for patients to choose from. Each one is designed to treat a specific set of needs. In consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon, the choice of procedure will be made based on your anatomic features and desired outcome. While all tummy tucks have in common that they tighten the abdominal skin, there are two key differences between the various procedures. The incision lengths vary depending on the amount of skin to be excised, and the abdominal muscles may be tightened if they have excess laxity.

The length of the incision is determined by the amount of loose skin that is to be removed. The incision lengths vary from as short as six inches (Mini Tummy Tuck) to as long as the entire circumference of the waist (Body Lift). The most common incision length runs from hip to hip concealed beneath the bikini line (Full or Traditional Tummy Tuck).

In addition to removing loose skin, localized fat deposits can also be removed during your tummy tuck. It is recommended, however, that you be as close as possible to your goal weight before having the procedure. If your concerns extend beyond the tummy, we can safely combine liposuction with tummy tucks for more dramatic results.

That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Extended TT with muscle repair

Continue your weight loss efforts and consider an extended TT which includes muscle repair to improve your abdominal contour

Dr. B

Tummy tuck with muscle repair candidate, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. 

In this regard i recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.

Respectfully, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol C.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

The only difference between a full tummy tuck and an extended tummy tuck is the length of the incision. An extended is beneficial for patients who have skin laxity that extends farther around to the flank area. The muscle is usually plicated in both procedures. You will definitely see great improvement with a tummy tuck.

Best tummy tuck method

A standard full abdominoplasty consisting of liposuction of the abdominal wall, muscle plication and transverse skin excision should give you an excellent result.

David A. Bottger, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Needs a tummy tuck

From looking at your pictures, and the history of eight children, my guess would be a tummy tuck with an extensive muscle repair would be in order to give you a flatter appearance. Having said that, there may still be a fair amount of inside fat  (visceral fat) which is not accessible with liposuction and can still give around appearance to the front of the  abdomen. Here is where weight loss will help prior to surgery. I recommend you see a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area for an examination and consultation as to the options they could give you. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS