Tear trough correction? Fillers or suborbital malar implant? (Photo)

I've always had a terrible tear trough defomity and it has made my makeup application under my eyes a living hell for years now. I'm just ready to do something about it, I envy women with smooth undereyes. I was wondering what the best route would be to go - injectable fillers in the area and cheeks to try and stretch/smooth it out? or Flat out find a specialist in suborbital malar implants to lift the area up and add volume that way? Any cost estimates for either would be GREATLY appreciated!

Tear Trough & Facial Rejuvenation with Fillers

Thank you for your photos and questions.  Fillers would be a great option for you as they are very effective for treating your concern.  An implant seems drastic and unnecessary at this time.  You appear to be young and have mild tear trough so placing filler along your orbital rim and/or your cheeks can immediately, with very little down time, correct this and give you the smooth appearance you desire.  Additionally, there are other non-invasive treatments that can be used in conjunction with fillers to help reverse signs of aging around the eyes and maintain a youthful appearance.  ThermiSmooth is a great example of this, as it can tighten and plump aging skin and maintain a more youthful appearance of the peri-orbital area.

Filler for under the eye

Hi and thanks for your question.fillers are a very good option for volume restoration and flattening under the eye but this should be done by an expert physician. The downtime with filler is very minimal compare to procedures like implant

Reza Akef, MD
Toronto Physician

Tear trough fillers

thank you for your question and photos. Fillers works well and have no down time. They make subtle natural changes to the area. Implants are an option but it's a procedure that has some downtime. Consult a cosmetic surgeon to discuss both and make a choice then. 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon