Did my silicone implants drop too low? (Photo)

I've had my implants for almost two years. I've become unhappy with the way they look. I think they sit way too low on my chest. I was probably an A cup before surgery so I'm wondering if they are too big? I would just like a professional opinion.

You appear to be lacking superior fullness, and it looks like your implants have bottomed out a bit.  You should go see your surgeon.

Bottoming out

Thanks for your question. Looking at the photos, it looks as though the implants dropped a bit low. I also see what appears to be a double bubble which can occur when the implant drops below the native inframammary fold. This might be due to the size of the implant, but I have seen this even with small implants. If you are troubled by this, you might consider elevating the inframammary fold with internal suiting techniques, possibly with the use of a mesh product or dermal matrix to support the suture repair. Alternatively, placement of the implant in a new pocket could correct the problem. The key questions are how much does this bother you, and what does your surgeon suggest. When patients come to me with similar problems, the best answer is sometimes to do nothing. Surgery for fold repairs is difficult and the result, though often gratifying, might not be quite what you want. Simply stated, you look good and are symmetric. Think twice before asking for a revisionary procedure.

Peter D. Geldner, MD

Breast implant position

It does look like your implants are a little low. They have done what we call bottom out. Some patients tissues just seem to slowly give way and give you the look you  have. You will need a surgical correction if you chose to have this fixed. Good luck.

Did my silicone implants drop too low?

I think your concerns are appropriate; your breast implants do seem to sit quite low on your chest wall, consistent with breast implant displacement ("bottoming out”).
It is probable that you are feeling the implants significantly along the lower poles of the breasts. Patients in your situation sometimes complain of discomfort in the area of implant malposition. Also, consistent with the breast implant positioning problem, the nipple areola complexes seem to be sitting relatively high, because the breast implants have settled too low. 
I think you will benefit from revisionary breast surgery which will likely involve capsulorraphy ( internal suture repair). This procedure serves to reconstruct the lower poles of the breasts and prevent migration of the breast implants too far inferiorly. Associated issues with positioning of nipple/areola complexes should improve with this operation.You may find the attached link, dedicated to revisionary breast surgery for a patient in your situation, helpful to you as you learn more.

Did my silicone implants drop too low?

Thank you for sharing your photograph and questions and I am sorry that your current result has not been what you anticipated.  Depending on your starting position it appears that your implants have fallen too low on your chest, causing an elevation to your nipple and areola and leaving the majority of your implant's volume along the ower portion of your breast.  See your surgeon for an in-person evaluation and discussion of possible treatments, such as reducing your implant size in addition to reducing the implant pocket. Hope that this helps.