Sick with flu-like symptoms on the 8th. Will I be ok for Breast Augmentation on the 17th?

I went to a walk-in clinic on Monday the 8th for flu-like symptoms. They tested me for flu & strep. Both were negative. My temperature was 99.3. The nurse practitioner that I was seeing started me on Tamiflu & a cough syrup with Phenergan just to be on the safe side. I am going tomorrow for a shot of antibiotics and a 5 day dose of antibiotics just to be sure there is no infection. Should I be ok to proceed with my BA that is scheduled on Wed. the 17th? Thank you!

Contact your PS

Thank
you for the question. It is best to let your surgeon know about this since it is very important to be at a healthy state while undergoing surgery.  If your sickness goes away before surgery, then you should be fine. Best of luck. Dr. Michael
Omidi.
An
in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess
your needs and provide true medical advice.

Sick 9 days before breast augmentation...will I be able to proceed

Thanks for your post.  Safety above all else obviously.  Make sure your surgeon and anesthesiologist are aware of your illness.  If your symptoms resolve by the time of your surgery, it may be safe to proceed.  Certainly if you have an active infection, it would be safest to postpone.  Good luck! 

Charles Galanis, MD

Flu and BA

Make sure you discuss your symptoms and treatment with your surgeon.  If there is any question of you having an active infection, it would be best to delay your surgery until you've been treated.  That said, it doesn't sound like what you were experiencing should be a problem.

Jason J. Hall, MD, FACS
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Thank you for question.
It is important to be in good health for surgery but if you do not have an active infection  you should be fine for surgery. Your surgeon needs to know so please contact him/her for instructions/recommendations. Best of luck.

Speak with your surgeon

You need to let your surgeon know what's going on so that together you guys can make an informed decision. It is important to be in good health when you have your surgery for many reasons including the fact that it will make your recovery easier. My best, Dr. Sheila Nazarian @drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your symptoms. I do hope that it is not the flu.  I would strongly advocate that you reach out to your surgeon to let him know of your current condition.  A breast augmentation is an elective procedure, and though you may recover quickly from this illness, there should not be any additional risk taken that may compromise your health or safety.  You may still be recovering from this episode by the time of your procedure and it would be unwise if you are dehydrated, fatigued, or have any lung issues that may result in anesthesia issues.  

Ok to proceed with breast augmentation

Contact your plastic surgeon as soon as possible.  You will most likely be able to proceed with surgery as planned but it is best to let your surgeon know what is going on so they can discuss options with you.  Hope you feel better.Raymond Jean MD Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Bryn Mawr Philadelphia PA

Raymond Jean, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation and illness

Thanks for your inquiry.  Please call your surgeon and discuss.  A breast augmentation is an elective procedure and everyone needs to be on the same page--good luck.  

Illness 9 days prior to a breast augmentation

Speak to your surgeon the day before your surgery. If you are not feeling 100%, you should delay your procedure. This is elective surgery, and yoou want to be in optimal health to recover fully and rapidly. Call your surgeon and ask him/her what they recommend.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and illness

You will have to see how you are doing. you should probably contact your plastic surgeon's office to decide how to proceed.