What procedures would you recommend? I'm a healthy 38 year old. Could never lose the weight after my 2yr old. Have PCOS. (photo)

What procedures would you recommend? I am a healthy 38 year old. 2 kids; could never loose the weight after my now 2 year old. I do orange theory 2-3 times a week-quite intense--but am riddled with PCOS. Literally the weight will not come off, despite exercise and healthy eating. I am 5'7" @ 190. I'm desperate & just want to feel good about myself again. I'm a positive & active person stuck in this unknown body for the past two years.

What procedures would you recommend?

Thank you for your question and photograph and I am sorry to hear of your weight battles with PCOS.  I would first discuss your PCOS with your ob/gyn to see if there is a medical or surgical management that may be able to help your symptoms and then schedule an in-person evaluation with an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon to discuss treatment options based on your goal desires.  Liposuction, tummy tuck, breast lifts are all possibilities to help you achieve an improvement.  Hope this helps.

Unknown body

I would first start by asking you what are the areas you're most frustrated with. Your skin seems to have relatively good tone. You may be a candidate for liposuction but examining your abdominal wall would be important. That's impressive by the way that you can do the orange Fitness 3 times a week. It kicked my butt.

Edward S. Gronka, MD
Fayetteville Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction candidate

It's difficult without seeing you in person if liposuction of any type will correct the problem that bothers you. If you have good thick skin elasticity in the area and the area is just fat then Liposuction should definitely address the problem. If there are stretch marks and loose skin, or separation of the underlying muscles that are causing the problem, a tummy tuck would be a better option. See a board certified plastic with an expertise in body contouring in your area for a detailed consultation. They should be able to answer your concerns more specifically. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes, MD
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - What procedures would you recommend? I'm a healthy 38 year old. Could never lose the weight after my 2yr old. Have

What you are experiencing is a very common issue I see daily. You are an excellent candidate for liposuction. I recommend treating the full abdomen, waist and hips. This will reduce the size of your midsection nicely. Of course a physical examination is necessary, so I am just going off of your photo. Liposuction is great for a person that has stubborn, pinchable fat that does not respond to diet and exercise. I am confident that your lifestyle will support this investment. Good luck!

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Thanks you for your questions and picture.  I think that you would do great with a tummy tuck and liposuction.  Be sure to see a Board Certified PS for your consultation.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting with Tummy Tuck

I suggest you see an expert  you can get improvement with a VASER contouring procedure combined with skin removal and breast lifting.  Best, Dr. Emer.

In order to determine what would be best for you, you would have to go in for a consolation and discuss your goals with the surgeon.

Tummy improvement

I would likely recommend starting with a good liposuction of your torso. Your skin appears like it would redrape satisfactorily enough. If it does not, you can address any excess appropriately at a later date.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Multiple options

You have many options that could help you with your tummy, flanks, and breasts. The key is to identity what your goals are to then outline an operative plan to achieve them. It is best to be seen in person to examine you and together come up with this plan. Good luck. 

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon