Lump found on breast. Any suggestions?

23 yrs old, breast implants about 2.5yrs ago, silicone under the muscle. Noticed a lump on the left side of my left breast around the nipple. The lump feels hard, is not painful, is about 0.5in to 1in long, and is difficult to find unless I am laying down. Primary care doctor says she thinks it may just be a fold in my implant or possibly a cyst. She went ahead and had me schedule an ultrasound, but I am a nervous wreck and was just hoping to get some opinions on here. Thanks in advance.

New lump

A new lump needs to be properly investigated.  Best of luck with the studies to investigate this. Hopefully it is benign. 

Lump on breast

Thank you for your question.The best thing you can do is have an examination and an ultrasound done which you are in the process of doing. Cysts are very common in the breasts and the fact that it is not painful is a good sign. The best advice I can give you is to just relax and stay positive. 
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Lump in breast post augmentation

You are doing the right thing. You need an ultrasound and based on those results you may need further imaging like a mammogram or MRI. See your surgeon as well. They should be aware of this issue. Often times a breast lump is normal, but a complete workup is need to ensure it is nothing more serious. 

Lump found on breast. Any suggestions?

Thank you for sharing your questions and I am sorry that this lump has made you nervous.  It is best glean more information through the use of a clinical exam and radiological testing before rushing to any conclusions.  Common things being common in your age rang it can readily be your implant or a benign cyst in your breast.  Hang in there and follow through with the additional testing.  Once a diagnosis is made an appropriate treatment can be instituted.  

Lump on breast

I would agree that an ultrasound is the way to proceed. Chances are it may be reaction around one of the sutures placed at the time of your surgery. I would see your plastic surgeon for an examination. Do not be worried.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Lump found on breast. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your question. It is best to have an ultrasound to diagnose the lump. It is common for women to have varying size lumps in their breasts due to different causes. In some cases lumps become more apparent because of cycle. Best to be checked. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD