What do I need to get done and how much will it cost? (Photo)

To start my biggest insecurity are my cheek bones. My right side is lacking but I like the placement of left. I feel as though my right side is lacking facial tissue as well and has made my lip look crooked. I have an over jet that my orthodontist pointed out. I am tired of being self conscious of this, thank you. (Sorry if this question was submitted twice, in not sure if the first worked)

Facial Symmetry Solutions with fillers (voluma, radiesse), sculptra, implants or fat

I recommend getting a formal consultation with a facial contouring expert. Facial symmetry can be improved with well-placed fillers (Voluma, Radiesse, Perlane, Bellafill): Sculptra, implants or fat. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

What do I need to get done and how much will it cost?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry that this has caused you such concern.  I would advocate the use of reversible, hyaluronic acid based dermal fillers to help augment your cheek to achieve better symmetry as well as your chin to improve your jawline and profile.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to maximize your results. 

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, men look chiseled and handsome with angularity in the cheeks, chin and mandibular angles.  From the photos, your cheeks are full and round but lack the angularity of a masculine face, the chin is weak as are the mandibular angles and there is a slight excess amount of fat in front and below the cheeks.  This combines to create an elongated oval shaped face.  The following procedures would create a more ruggedly handsome face.

• Cheek shaping by rasping down the outer portions of the cheeks that are too full.  This would be combined with liposuction to reduce the excess facial fat to further define the cheek shape.
  • Chin augmentation, using a chin implant, to add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.
  • Augmentation of the mandibular angles using a dermal filler (jaw implants have too many unwanted side effects IMHO) to add volume, angularity and flare to the jaw line.

Hope this helps.

cheek implant candidate

It is possible to place a cheek implant on only one side in order to match the opposite side when there is significant facial asymmetry.  Initially this could be performed with filler placement in the office setting  to see if you like it.  Cheek implants are composed of Silastic,  and are placed through intra-oral approach under a brief general anesthesia.  For more information and many examples, please see the link and the video below