Reduction and lift?

I'm getting a reduction on October 31st. Is a lift included? Or do I have to ask for a lift? Is it additional charge?

Reduction and Lift?

Thank you and congratulations on your decision to undergo #breast reduction.  Many women that elect to have #mammoplasty, also will require a lift. The lift is part of the procedure at no extra cost. A #lift is necessary to ensure proper placement of the #nipples and can allow for areola reduction if needed. Good luck with your upcoming surgery!

Reduction and lift?

Yes, an uplift is a part of a reduction mammoplasty, and it will not cost extra. Thank you for your question and best of luck to you. 

Breast lift and reduction

Thank you for your question. You should not have to ask for a lift when having a breast reduction. A lift is something that must occur doing a properly executed breast reduction.

Best wishes

Breast reduction vs. Breast lift

Breast reduction surgery includes a breast lift as part of the technique.  I would review the technique with your chosen surgeon prior to surgery.  

Good Luck,

Breast Reduction = a Lift which makes the breasts smaller

A Breast Reduction is a Breast Lift which makes the breasts smaller. You must be clear on just how much smaller your breasts will be and the scar placement. I would suggest you meet your surgeon again and have all your questions fully answered.   

Dr. Peter A. Aldea

Reduction and lift.

With a reduction you are generally getting a lift at the same time. I have attached a diagram  of an anchor pattern which demonstrates the type of elevation one sees in a reduction. There are different types of reduction so check in with your PS to be sure you are both on the same page.

Good luck with your surgery.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction and breast lift?

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.  When a patient undergoes a breast reduction procedure, the position of the breasts are “lifted" on the patient's chest wall at the same time. In other words, the breast lift occurs automatically when a breast reduction is performed.  I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Breast reduction includes a lift

When a breast reduction is performed, a breast lift is achieved by the nature of the procedure.  There's no additional charge.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast reduction

There are 3 components of a breast reduction.

1. Re-position the nipple/areola to a location higher on the chest ( a lift).
  2. Remove excess breast tissue.
  3. Remove excess skin.

When you have a reduction you will have a lift.

Samuel Beran, MD

Breast Lift vs. Breast Reduction

Thanks for your question.  A mastopexy or breast lift is when we reshape the breast--a breast reduction is when breast tissue is removed, reducing the breast volume.  When performing a breast reduction, the breast also has to be lifted.  I hope this has been helpful to you.  Good luck on the 31st!!