I am 22 years old and 290lbs. I'm seriously considering having the sleeve bypass surgery. Do you think I'll be turned away?

I'm worried because everyone keeps telling me that if you'd just put more effort into exercising and dieting that I'd loose the weight but I have honestly trying. People keep discouraging me about the weight loss surgery but I feel like if i don't then there's a chance i could end up being 400lbs by the time I'm 30 years old. I'm also worried that doctors will turn me away because of my age or not having enough proof of exercise or food control.

How many more years do you want to throw away?

You are morbidly obese and a candidate for bariatric surgery.  If you have tried everything and have failed, you should consider having the surgery.  I'm operating on teenagers now.  Patients invariably say that they wish they did the surgery sooner.  Ignore the advice of people who don't know what they are talking about.

Bloomfield Hills Bariatric Surgeon

Sleeve Gastric

Hello dear, thanks for your question.Yes, you are a good candidate for this procedure. At this point bariatric surgery is the best option for patients with obesity tipe 2 and 3 to lose weight. Is the option that last more, and more efficent. Some times patients do the mistake having a plastic surgery when what they need is a bariatric surgery. I suggest to make an appointment with a Board Certified for a personal evaluation. Good look.

Pablo Garcia, MD
Dominican Republic Bariatric Surgeon