6 days post op, I have wide gap btw implants. 295 cc teardrop implants, moderate plus profile, mentor, under the muscle. (photo)

Post op, breasts are looking gappy, my Dr. said it's just the way my bone is structured, he couldn't cut through the muscles in the middle. They also look small for 295cc. i asked if my implants will drop, he said they wouldn't, he told me not to massage them. They are pointy and not round at the bottom. From the side they look fake and cone shaped. I will be seeing my doctor in a few days, i am unsure of what to ask or do. I feel hopeless and depressed. Pls help.

6 days post op, I have wide gap btw implants. 295 cc teardrop implants, moderate plus profile, mentor, under the muscle.

In cases where the breasts are widely set apart before breast augmentation surgery, creating cleavage or narrowing the gap between the breasts can be a challenge without creating a complication called symmastia.

With regard to you current breast shape, it is still very early after your surgery. Even with anatomic tear drop shaped silicone breast implants, it will take a bit of time for your pocket to stretch and your implants to settle and look more natural.

Thank you for sharing your photos and concerns. Best wishes.

Narrow implants

Honestly, I don't like the choice of implants, they are too narrow and they don't fit your mammary base at all; I would have chosen wider bases for you; unfortunately you may need revision at a later stage.

With that said, be realistic: you have laterally rooted breasts, they will never be in the midline.

The fact that the implants are not correctly chosen to optimize your cleavage shouldn't take you to conclude that you have options to have a totally joined cleavage.

Alejandro Nogueira, MD
Spain Plastic Surgeon

6 days post op breast augmentation

Your preop photos show a wide gap in the middle and if you have a prominent sternum, this gap remains even after surgery. I typically advise my patients to wait a good 4-6 months to see their final shape because implants do tend to drop and settle during this time. Your had very little breast tissue to begin with and it seems like your breast envelope has been maximally stretched by these implants so just let your body heal and you'll most likely enjoy your new look once the breasts have settled. Since you seem anxious, make sure you ask your operating surgeon these questions as well for further reassurance. Good luck!