What's wrong with my nose? (photos)

The tip of my nose is rather crooked and my nostrils start in different places. Is there something wrong with my nose that can be fixed and maybe even covered by insurance? (I've hid my face for privacy reasons)

What's wrong with my nose?

Hi there, thanks for sharing your photo.  It's hard to tell from the limited view what your issues might be.  Rhinoplasty can help correct asymmetry and deviations of the nose.  Just be aware that nasal asymmetry can sometimes reflect underlying facial bony asymmetry and that may be harder to correct.  I'd suggest consultation with a recognized rhinoplasty surgeon to assess your concern fully.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose

A full set of facial photographs are required to make a  determination about what needs to be performed, since the nose is a three-dimensional structure. Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose is one of the most difficult procedures to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery,  so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. To straighten crooked nasal bones requires osteotomies placed in them. To straighten the midportion of the nose requires a spreader graft placed underneath the concave upper lateral cartilage to make that area look more symmetrical. When the nasal tip cartilages are asymmetric, cartilage removal and/or cartilage grafting techniques are required to make the tip look more symmetrical. For more information and many examples of  crooked nose repair in our practice, please see the link and the video below

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

What's Wrong With My Nose?

It is impossible to answer your question with this very very limited view of your nose. I understand your concerns about privacy; I suggest you send a full set of pictures for nasal evaluation as described on my website directly to surgeons who participate in this forum. Insurance typically will accept charges for correcting functional problems not cosmetic issues.