10 days post-op BA. Why is my right breast larger and lower than the left? 375 cc in left and 350 cc in right.

10 days PostOp BA & noticed on the second day my left breast is smaller than my right. I had a small amount of asymmetry before operation but only noticeable to my surgeon. He sugested 375 L and 350 R. There is such a big difference now that I am questioning wether or not he put the correct implant in the correct breast. My right even feels much bigger and tighter and more round. The L isn't as round as R. It feels like a much smaller implant. I know that it can take time for them to even out.

Uneven Breasts

The two #breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial #shape. Healing usually takes 2-3 months but may take up to a full year to see the final result.  After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of your #boardcertified plastic surgeon.

Asymmetry

Thank you for your question and photo. Asymmetry is common during healing. If you notice sudden, increasing swelling or increasing firmness of the right side, then you should let your Plastic Surgeon know right away in case it is related to bleeding inside the pocket. Otherwise, this could be due to different levels of tightness and tension in the breasts because of their different sizes. Usually when breasts drop at different rates they do eventually even out. You will need to wait closer to 6 months to see your final results.

Share your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon,

All the best

Breast implants

Thank you for your question and photo.  Given that you are only ten days post-op, you are still early in the the healing process.  I tell my patients that they must wait at least three months before they have a good idea of what their final results will be.  This is due to the fact that the breasts need to reduce in swelling and drop into place.  Your left implant still appears to be "riding high" and will most likely drop further with time.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

10 days post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

Its too early to talk about final results with only 10 days post op and its normal that each breast has their on course. In my practice, after performing a breast augmentation I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Respectfully, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Why is my right breast larger and lower

It is true that it takes time for breast implants to settle. Often this can take 3 to 6 months. If one starts out within asymmetry of shape and volume, early postoperative asymmetry is often noted. Imagine this, the smaller breast with presumably tighter skin gets a larger implant. Often this side can feel more firm than the opposite. Give it time and discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. He or she may suggest maneuvers or certain bras that may help the settling process.

Implant issue

There are several potential causes for size difference. It can include bleeding. seroma fluid, unrecognized glandular volume differences. to name a few.

Breast Question from North Carolina

Thank you for your question and picture.  You are very close to your surgery date so I would recommend waiting a few months to see the ultimate post-operative outcome.   You will continue to see sight changes over the next 3-6 months as your implants and breast tissue relax and settle into place.  Make sure to keep your post-op appointments so that you can face-to-face discuss any questions you might have with your surgeon. 

Cheers and best wishes!
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD 

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Why is my right breast different from my left?

Thank you for your question and photograph. As you are recently out from surgery, it is important to allow enough time to pass for your long-term results to be known.  You will see that your implants will change dramatically over the next several months as your implants drop and your overlying tissues stretch to accommodate the extra volume.  Hang in there and continue close follow up with your surgeon.  

Breast Asymmetry

At this stage, you are still early in the healing process. The final result for a breast augmentation or Lift is never really judged until several months from the procedure. Typically, I will wait 6 months before I assess the results. Of course, it can be difficult to be patient while awaiting a result for such a long time, especially when you are excited. But, keep in mind that living human tissues are different than sculpting with plastic or sewing with cloth. Those substances are fixed and don't change much with time. Human tissues, on the other hand, stretch, spread, settle, and change as they go through the different stages of healing. This process takes time and as it proceeds, your result will change until the healing is complete.
This is why plastic surgeons will always advise patience for the first few months after these procedures. In the meantime, keep in close contact with her plastic surgeon and he/she can assure you that things are proceeding in the right direction.
I hope this info helps!
Best of Luck,
Dr. Subbio
Philadelphia/Newtown Square
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric healing

This is not something to worry about at this point. It is quite common for each implant to heal/drop at a different rate. Be patient and kind to yourself as your body recovers from surgery. It may take anywhere from 3-6 months for your final results. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD