Is it possible to have a surgery done to my nose to make the nose bridge look flatter? (Photo)

I want my nose bridge to look like it is not dominant. I would like my nose bridge to be flat, like this girl in the photo.

Making My Nasal Bridge Flatter

We cannot answer your question about rhinoplasty goals without seeing your nose. Please submit  pictures for nasal evaluation as described on my website.

Rhinoplasty

Without seeing you in person, it is impossible to say whether or not you could achieve the nose in the photo with a rhinoplasty. I would suggest that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be assessed in person and discuss your options.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Nasal evaluation

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty: Is it possible to have a surgery done to my nose to make the nose bridge look flatter?

sugar_lulu_xoxo

Rhinoplasty is a surgery to improve the shape of the nose for breathing or appearance.

Each patient has their own aesthetic goals. Some patients want the bridge to be lowered, others want it raised. 

When you lower the bridge, it will make it appear wider/flatter. I recommend consulting with a surgeon to discuss this change. I like to use 3D computer simulation software to get on the same page as my patient. We can discuss what is appropriate and safe for their face for a safe and happy outcomes. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photograph.

Without seeing photographs of yourself, it is hard to give you the most accurate opinion but unless you are oriental, it is hard to achieve an oriental-looking nose. I recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty to have a nasal examination performed and a review of your medical history to see if you are a good candidate for rhinoplasty. If you desire some nasal refinement and a flatter bridge then you may benefit from a bridge reduction and tip rhinoplasty. A bridge can be reduced in projection by cutting out the extra cartilage along with filing of the bone to smooth it out. A tip rhinoplasty includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Flattening the nasal bridge

It is possible to flatten your nasal bridge as well as to narrow it. This would require a rhinoplasty surgery. Seek out a consult with a rhinoplasty surgeon to have full set of photos taken and to discuss your specific goals. I am up the road from Kitchener and would be happy to discuss this further with you.

Dr. Brace

Matthew Brace, MD
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon