Is it a good idea if I get a boob reduction for my age?

I'm 18 and have really bad back problems I've tired losing weight eating better everything and nothing is working, I'm a DD 32 and I just hate feeling like I can't breath

You may be a candidate

If your enlarged breasts are causing you discomfort and pain, then you can consider having a breast reduction at your age. It may even be covered by insurance.

Good candidate

It sounds like you are a good candidate for a breast reduction based on the symptoms and how it affects your life.

Breast reduction at age 18

If your breasts are causing physical issues for you, I would absolutely recommend considering a breast reduction.  It is highly unlikely that diet and exercise will change this problem, but surgery can definitely improve your comfort.  I regularly perform this surgery on patients of all ages, and the common thing they (especially older patients) say after surgery is "I just wish I had done this sooner".  At age 18, your breast development should be fairly stable, and a reduction can help with back and neck pain, and can improve your overall physical wellbeing. There is a lot of range in the quality of breast reductions, so make sure you see someone very experienced in this technique that will listen to your goals and get you as close to your ideal shape and size as possible.  Good luck!

Robert Cohen, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  If you have disproportionately large breasts that are contributing to back and neck pain, you may be a candidate for a breast reduction.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to get evaluated and examined.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS