Do I look like a good candidate for cool sculpting? (photos)

I'm have an appointment for cool sculpting coming up soon. And I just want to make sure it's not going to be yet another waste of money. The fat on the stomach is minimal and it not flabby or loose. It's basically just pudgey for a lack of a better word. Do I look like I'd be a good candidate for this? I don't have unrealistic expectations I just want to wear a bikini without a shirt over top.

CoolSculpting

Dear Michelle39808,

CoolSculpting and the use of hyperthermia suction couple and permanent fat destruction is an excellent way to achieve a mild to moderate improvement in abdominal hip, outer/inner thigh and arm contour. There is a new CoolSculpting mini for the submental or double chin region. CoolSculpting does a moderate improvement and it is predictable, however, most patients will not achieve anywhere near what liposuction results deliver. At SpaMedica we offer non-surgical liposuction that takes the CoolSculpting and adds to an UltraShape, BodyFX and SculpSure.

These are also technologies that are non-surgical and provide an added effect of CoolSculpting. I can say then with all conviction at SpaMedica you’ll get the best possible permanent reduction in fat without surgery. However, the best result will still be with modern versions of liposuction such as SmartLipo, BodyTite and Vaser Lipo. Most of these can be performed very safely and effectively under local anesthesia with a quick recovery.

The best way to find out if you’re a candidate for any of these techniques is to schedule a consultation.

To find out more or to schedule a consultation, please visit the link below.

R. Stephen Mulholland, M.D.
Certified Plastic Surgeon
Yorkville, Toronto

SculpSure

Thank you for your question, Michelle39808. You seem like a great candidate for the body contouring techniques because you are interested in reducing the outer layer of subcutaneous, however, I suggest you consider SculpSure which continues to defeat CoolSculpting and other fat techniques in clinical head-to-head studies. SculpSure vanquishes more fat in less treatment time and less recovery with less discomfort than its competitors. Please consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

GOOD CANDIDATE FOR COOLSCULPTING

From the single picture you have, it looks like you would be a good candidate, especially if you pinch 1 to 2 inches of fat in front of the muscle. Tighten your sixpack muscles and pinch the fat.

Ahmet R. Karaca, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

If you can pinch an inch...

There's a bit of a saying about CoolSculpting: if you can pinch an inch, you might be a good candidate. It's true that an online evaluation will never adequately replace an in-person consultation. From the look of your photos, it appears that you are likely a good candidate for a CoolSculpting treatment. Make sure you have a complete consultation before the procedure so that all of your questions are answered and you feel confident that you are a good candidate, and that CoolSculpting will create the result you are hoping for.

Good Candidate for Coolsculting

An in person consultation is the only way to see if you are a good candidate for Coolsculpting but you appear to be one from your photos. You will need to utilize the larger applicator to freeze this area of the abdomen.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with this procedure for the best cosmetic results.

Candidate for CoolSculpting

From the picture it looks like you may be a candidate for CoolSculpting. Treating your upper and lower abdomen can help shave those peaks down for a flatter look.  You can have a better idea of a treatment plan when you get properly assessed.

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Appropriate CoolSculpting Candidate

There is no substitute for an in-person consultation and evaluation. Looking at your pictures you do appear to be a suitable candidate for treatment. However, depending on your goals you may need more than 1 round of treatment for optimal results. Please make sure you find an experienced provider. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Candidate for Coolsculpting

The most definitive way to judge if someone is a candidate is to pinch/grab the area of concern to see if there is sufficient fat to treat. Going solely off your photos, you should be a good Coolsculpting candidate for your lower abdomen but your provider should be able to easily determine this and let you know before your treatment.  Good luck

Grant Stevens, MD

Good candidate for Coolsculpting?

Hi Michelle,

From the photo you posted it does look like you could be an ideal candidate for Coolsculpting. It's crucial for you to have an in-office evaluation with a trained professional to make sure this would work for you, and to go over number of treatments needed and treatment expectations. In my experience, patients similar to you, with a small amount of unwanted fat of the lower abdominal (stomach) area, do very well with the procedure. 

Dr. Elizabeth Geddes

Elizabeth Geddes-Bruce, MD, MS
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon

CoolSculpting

Your lower abdomen looks to have enough to treat but requires an exam.  If you can pinch  or grab the fatty tissue pretty easily then it is typically able to be treated.