I had a hernia repaired and my doctor closed in my belly button? (Photo)

My muscles werw tightwned and al with the hernia repair. I am thinking lipo to get rid of the stretch marks but then how can you give me a belly button. I have stretch marks from 3 children and I want a belly button back. I am in good shape. What would I need to do and around how much would it cost?

Making a new belly button

Liposuction will not remove the stretch marks, but you can have liposuction to address any excess pinchable fat.  You don't have much skin laxity and the overall contour looks good.  Regarding the belly button, there is a depression where it should be, and there are a few techniques possible to make it look more like a natural belly button.  This can usually be done under local anesthesia or light sedation, and costs will mostly depend on where you live.  

Making a new belly button

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Loss of the umbilicus after hernia repair

Hi there and thank you for the question. 

Yes it does look as though the belly button has been lost although the skin at the sit is intact it is just a minor depression or flat. 

It would be possible to try to improve this by placing the tissues at the site of the present belly button deeper into and make them more attached to the underlying abdominal wall and muscles giving you the appearance of the old belly button back, or indeed better than the original. 

I would be cautious about liposuction as a method to reduce the stretchmarks as it is not really a method of scar reduction; it would gently improve the contour of the profile.

I hope that you found this information helpful.

Best wishes

Tariq Ahmad, MBBChir, FRCS(Plast)
London Plastic Surgeon

Best wishes