6 months post-op, shouldn't my clothes fit looser than pre-op? I seem swollen. (Photo)

Hi. I am 6 months post op for the mommy makeover and still feel like by belly is a bit swollen from above my belly button up to my incision right above my pubic area. I seem to be swollen some days more than others. My clothes even still fits me more snug than it did pre-op. Is this normal? I seem to be all around wider in my torso. :-( I expected to have a flatter belly. 6

Still feels swollen after mommy make-over

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• You can still be swollen 6 months after surgery - and probably are if swelling varies day to day.
  • I would follow with your plastic surgeon -
  • Did you have a full tummy tuck? Your incision is a little unusual -
  • If it was a mini-tuck, wait a full year then discuss result with your surgeon and a 2nd opinion if you want more done to improve your result.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Mommy makeover post op, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. 

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (6 months post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
If the fter six months post-op, I recommend you send us your photos again, to give you more information about how we can solve this problem.

Kind regards,
Dr. Emma Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Swelling 6 months Post-Op

Most likely you are experiencing a lot #swelling and inflammation. Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake.  If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

DR DERBY SANG

Swelling can still occur 6 months after and it can vary from day to day depending on your activity. It might be wise to use a garment or spanx again and see if this helps and also watch the amount of salt that you use within your daily diet , try to reduce it as much as possible. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Swelling after tummy tuck

Some patients may continue to experience swelling after 6 months especially with increased activity.  You may want to wear some Spanx and watch your salt intake.  Continue to follow up with your PS.

Anh Lee, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Swelling

Thank you for your question.  I recommend that you continue to follow the instructions of your operating surgeon for the next few months as the swelling continues to subside.  The laxity that you had in your abdominal area is significantly less noticeable.  

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Jose M. Soler-Baillo, MD

Swelling Will Stop

I am not surprised  you still have swelling issues when I see you live in Fl.  Heat tends to keep areas swollen longer. Follow up with your Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Swelling following mommy makeover

Hi Vanessa. Thank you for your question and for providing photos. It is not unusual to experience continued swelling six months following mommy makeover.  You may notice more swelling when you are active and if you are outside in the heat.  Living in Florida, this does not surprise me at all.  You may want to continue wearing some type of garment with some light support such as a Spanx type of garment.  Do not be alarmed. Eventually this will stop.

Best of luck to you,

Christopher J. Morea, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

6 months post-op, shouldn't my clothes fit looser than pre-op? I seem swollen.

Thank you for your photographs and questions.  I think you have obtained a nice result, but depending on the type of tummy tuck performed, and if liposuction was done at the same time, you may still have intermittent swelling 6 months after surgery.  Some patients require a full year to have their final results become evident, so hang in there!  Depending on your preoperative appearance and measurements, you may not see a dramatic change in the way clothing sizes fits on you, but rather should see the improvement based on your abdominal contour.  

Yes I agree with minimal improvements but still not sure exactly the ops you had? Was it a mini TT or just lipo, A full lift with implants?