6 weeks post-op, will right side of breast implant get more upper pole? (photos)

I got 460cc xhp under the muscle implants done on the 3/2 4 weeks later got infection in right side implant and rhs implant removed on the 4/3/16. Rhs breast implant replaced 23/9/16now currently 6wk 3 days post op. My concern is that my right hand side breast is too far to the side and bottoming out. I have been in touch with my plastic surgeon,told to wait 6 months and he is certain that it will go back up and the scar will be under on the crease line but my scar seems to be moving up! HELP!!

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Still healing after infection

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent procedure! You are still very early in the healing process, with both breasts. With each procedure, your breasts will need time to fully heal and settle into place, hence the 6 month way. It's difficult to say where your end result will be due to your breasts continuing to change as they heal. At that point you'll be able to follow up with your surgeon, go over before and after pictures and decide where to go from there. Good luck! 

Asymmetry after implants

I agree that waiting several months is the best at this point. Things are still healing so it is difficult to say what your final result will be. Be sure to keep your follow-ups with your surgeon so that he knows what is going on. 

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX