Who can perform a silcone breast augmentation on a 19 year old on Houston TX ?

Saline vs Silicone in a 19 Year Old

Thanks for your question regarding breast augmentation.  Silicone implants are FDA approved for patients 22 years and older so at this point saline is your option.  Make sure you are working with a board certified plastic surgeon who will follow this important guideline.  

All the best on your upcoming surgery,
Steven Camp MD

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Searching for plastic surgeon

Thank you for your question.  You can find a board certified plastic surgeon by looking at the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery website.  The FDA recommends that silicone breast implants are used for those who are at least 22 years of age.  Saline implants are still an option though.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Thank you for the question.  I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic SurgeIn my opinion, there is no good reason why there is an FDA mandated age of 22 for patients to receive silicone breast implants. There are many patients under the age of 22 who would ( based on their body type and the advantages of silicone breast implants) benefit from the use of silicone gel breast implants. Therefore, I find that I do use silicone gel breast implants for patients under the age of 22 frequently. I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Many doctors

At 19 you are at the age of consent.
However, the FDA "restricts" silicone breast implants in the US to age 22.
You will need to call around to find a doctor that can help you and decide based on exam that your breasts are developed enough for implants.
Dr. Denkler