Could rhinoplasty help my wide flat nose? Plus make my side profile better

Hi there, I am a (mixed background) black girl and still in my teen years and I am quite unhappy with how my face has turned out to be, especially my nose. My nose has a very low bridge and a tip that is flat and looks like a trumpet from the side also it feels like it doesn't have any cartilage. It looks like quite a lot of asian noses I have seen. Overall my nose doesn't match my face especially from my side profile. Is there anything I can actually do about this? Thank you for your time.

Rhinoplasty Goals

A rhinoplasty specialist will be able to comprehensively address the issues you have with your nose. While there are a variety of approaches and techniques employed by various surgeons, it is up to you to do your due diligence to find a rhinoplasty specialist in order to achieve the best results possible. Using autologous grafts (tissue and cartilage from your own body) will provide the safest and most permanent results. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Flat nose

In general there are some similarities of nasal features of African and Asian noses, both of which are candidates for augmentation rhinoplasty with different options of grafting. Best of luck and I hope this helps.

Jacob Sedgh, MD

Could rhinoplasty help improve my profile?

Yes certainly rhinoplasty can help improve what you have described. It sounds like you would require a dorsal augmentation procedure with refinement of the nasal tip.The best thing to do is to arrange a consultation with a Plastic Surgeon who carries out rhinoplasty on a regular basis once you become 17 or 18 years of age.
Kind regards.