I have been wanting a few surgeries for a while, could I get any done at the same time?

I am considering getting a few surgerys roughly around 7-9 and wondered what surgerys could I get done at the same time so there is a facelift, rhinoplasty, cheek implants, jaw augmentation, ear pinning, chin implant, and neck lipo and ordinary lipo of the stomach, flanks, thighs. also some buttoc implants. Thankyou could someone please state what surgerys could be done at the same time for a just the one healing time, or other suggestions to my considered surgerys. Many thanks

Surgeries done at the same time

Unfortunately, you cannot perform all these surgeries in just one day. Your facial surgeries, namely the rhinoplasty, the neck lift surgery, the ear pinning,and your face lift. Regarding the liposuction it is much better to have these operations before your face surgeries. The number of surgeries you need depends on your anatomical features and your over all health, since having more than one operation would mean longer healing time.

London Plastic Surgeon

Combination Surgery Case

I often times recommend combining multiple procedures together. We do a very comprehensive preop appointment. It is important to myself & my surgical team to make sure that each patient's health history is fully investigated and to make sure their personal health is looked at before proceeding with surgery.

Once the comprehensive preop takes place and clearances are obtained (if necessary) we then will proceed with he planned surgery. 

i believe in one surgery and one recovery. i feel that based on the health history of the individual and the length of the case, these combination cases are well tolerated. 

Many procedures require ancillary procedures (such as a Face Lift with Eyelids along with a Forehead Lift) or a mommy makeover (an Abdominoplasty with Liposuction & breast Augmentation or Breast Lift) or Body Contouring and Fat Transfer to the Buttocks. So to combine the procedures you are interested in, is not uncommon. 

Brett E. Stompro, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures

Usually procedures are combined that involve the face only and the body separately.  Also, rhinoplasties are done separately as these are very delicate and technical in nature and can be lengthy.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Face lift rhinoplasty, and much more - all at one time?

Thank you for asking about your face and tummy surgery.
  • I am so sorry but this is far too much surgery to do at one time.
  • What can be done also depends on your weight - surgery on thin women takes much less time than surgery on heavier women.
  • At the most, the face lift and neck lift. rhinoplasty and cheek, chin, jaw implants might be done at one time.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Staging surgery

Certainly some of these can be performed together, but definitely you will have to stage some of them as well.  Best to be evaluated in person.  Good luck.

How To Be Smart About Your Facelift

My entire response is with the understanding that you are in good health and have no underlying health problems, and that you would have medical clearance before undergoing any surgery.  That said, some surgeries are not just acceptable to have done at the same time, but they are actually complementary.  For example, having a rhinoplasty at the same time as a facelift and neck lipo -- these surgeries can produce a lovely result in a patient who has a dorsal hump on the nose, or a droopy tip (just two examples) and suffers from signs of aging on the face such as jowls, a sagging jawline, and excess fat under the chin.  A chin implant, which can be done at the same time, can be inserted through the mouth (the "intraoral" approach) and can create a lovely result.  Rather than cheek implants, I would suggest a more realistic, natural approach to flat cheekbones via fat transplantation, which can be done at the same time as your other facial surgeries. The ear pinning is often done in conjunction with a neck lift, as the same anatomical area is opened.  The general rule is to do facial surgeries several days later than surgery of the body.  With respect to your body issues, liposuction of your body could be done during a separate, first surgical date.  In my practice, I believe a much more natural and appealing result comes from augmenting the buttocks with fat rather thn implants.  Most importantly is that you find a board certified plastic surgeon with years of experience so he (or she) has perfected his or her facial surgeries.  Please do your research well and be cautious.

Multiple Procedures

Multiple procedures depend on the time needed for surgery, your medical history and the comfort level of the surgeon.  Discuss your options with a highly experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Multiple surgeries at same time

I usually tell patients multiple procedures can be done at one time, but surgery time should be limited to 5-6 hours/surgery.Dr. Luong

Jacqueline Anne Luong, MD, FACS
Edina Plastic Surgeon

Quite the list

So it is safe to do certain procedures in groups. For example a range of facial procedures can be combined with some trunk procedures. My concern is the range of purely facial procedures you are considering is so radical that not only will you look extremely different, but that some of those are not complimentary. For example, face lift, cheek implants and jaw augmentation and chin implants. These would rarely be combined as they often aim to produce the same effect. In terms of the body contouring, this is more synergistic but again, alot to change in a single procedure. I think you should spend a long time with a plastic surgeon discussing what you want and what is possible for you. Hope that helpsAdam Goodwin

GreetingsThank you for your question and answer. Contact your plastic surgeon for examination to evaluate your condition. This multiple procedures might be too much to perform at once however a can suggest the right steps to follow after your consultation.