How is a Unilaterial Hematoma resolved? (Photo)

Gynecomastia procedure was doctored on February 1st, at my first follow up two days after the surgery the right size of my chest was perfect while the left side was hard, swollen and had a purple lining. My doctor informed me that I developed a hematoma and he drained it 5 days later when it liquified. Now all the blood is drained, the left chest still has the shape of the hematoma. Why is left side still appearing like a hematoma after being drained?

Unilateral Asymmetry - Hematoma

Unilateral gynecomastia occurs when only one breast is larger due to gynecomastia, while the other breast is typically normal in both size and shape.  Bilateral Asymmetry occurs when gynecomastia is present in both breasts, although each to a different degree.  The amount of glandular tissue can affect the size, shape, and location on the chest wall of the enlarged area, the size of the areolae, and protrusion and diameter of the nipples.

Now, if you only had the procedure completed on one side of your chest it is definitely possible that your healing (including any possible hematoma) is only on that side right now and the tightness, swelling or other post-op conditions can be quite uncomfortable. If you find yourself worried then it would be a good idea to visit your surgeon and have the area examined to make sure that healing is going well. Good luck!

Needs a recheck

You will need to keep seeing your surgeon on a regular basis.  More aspirations of blood and seroma are probably necessary.

Your left breast is considerably larger than your right and likely still contains some blood which did not respond to the aspiration performed. An ultrasound test should clarify what is going on and help allow proper treatment.

A sonogram to confirm the hematoma. Then surgical  evacuation and exploration, stop all bleeders, drain and compression garment and follow very closely.Must be seen twice a week  by the Doctor.