Tummy tuck 2 years ago. Swelling in lower abdomen after long periods of standing or when wearing tight jeans. Any suggestion?

I had a tummy tuck approximately two years ago. I consistently notice swelling in my lower abdomen, below belly button, esp when standing for long periods of time. I am an RN and notice this most often when I am working. I also notice it when I wear tight jeans. It produces a noticeable pooch in my lower abdominal region. Any ideas what could be causing this to occur and how to fix it?

What causes my abdomen to swell two years after a tummy tuck?

This is a good question.  I would certainly feel that a full examination  would be required to adequately answer the important questions that both you and your chosen Plastic Surgeon would have.  Follow up frequently with your Plastic Surgeon.  Hopefully the answers to these most important questions will be  revealed.

Good luck to you.

Frank Rieger M.D.  Tampa Plastic Surgeon

Swelling at two years

If you have persistent swelling at two years after a tummy tuck, you probably are best to get it evaluated in person.

Recurrent swelling

This needs to be sorted out with an in-person exam.  I would wonder about relaxation of your muscle repair, provided your weight has been stable.

Tummy tuck- swellling above the scar.

Early on many people are swollen above the scar, because the horizontal scar across the lower abdomen can trap fluid. As the scar matures, usually 6-12 months this puffiness goes down.  Tight jeans in theory or tight constricting garments may contribute. Have you tried looser garments?

Swelling can be intra abdominal ( bloating),  or skin. Have your PS examine you when you feel this way. If this is  bloating you PS may have some recommendations.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon