I am still having swelling 11.5 months post TT. I had a tummy tuck and lipo of flanks on 11/13/15, I still swell daily? (Photos)

I had a tummy tuck and lipo of flanks on 11/13/15, I still swell regularly in my abdominal area in the evenings...more swelling on some nights than others. I have tried changing my diet, but with no success. I asked my doctor about additional lipo on my abdomen, but he advised me not to get additional lipo in my abdominal area, but would do the lipo procedure if I want. Would having additional lipo help my results? My stomach is much flatter every morning.

Swelling after abdominoplasty

BrightEyes, was your stomach ever flat after surgery or is this how it has looked?  If this represents a change, your muscle plication may have failed. Visceral fat (fat around the organs) is the number one enemy of flatness after a TT.  Liposuction and a tummy tuck with muscle repair will not correct it.  Only diet and exercise can.  Finally, spinal curvature can push the abdominal contents forwards.  This can also make flatness an elusive goal.

Swelling?

It is unusual to have swelling almost a year out. You might want to consider an evaluation in person. Best of luck.

Still have swelling 11.5 months after tummy tuck and liposuction.

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your continued swelling episodes.  I would advocate seeing your surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  One needs to identify the cause of the swelling - internal fat deposits, muscle wall laxity, bloating, excess adipose and skin tissue, etc. that may be leaving you with this appearance in order to offer appropriate treatment.

Swelling almost a Year after Tummy Tuck

Dear Bright Eyes,

Thank you for your pictures.  It is a bit usual to have episodic swelling a year after tummy tuck.  That truly needs to be investigated by your plastic surgeon.  In your pictures, it appears that you still have some roundness to your abdomen.  This can be due to excess fat around the internal organs, excess fat just below the skin and/or residual weakness of your tummy wall. The latter two can be addressed with surgery.  The best advice would be to have a second opinion by a board certified plastic surgeon.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS