Please Help. Botched surgery, broke and I dont know what to do.

Please help. I paid 24000 for a mommy makeover and everything that could go wrong went wrong. Its absolutely unacceptable. I have no money to fix it. This has caused me so much mental anguish. I have no energy or vigor anymore. Everyday i cry and my chest is heavy. Sex is now a traumatic experience for me. I can't live this way. I refuse to. What should I do? There are pictures on my profile of the disfigurement caused. I dont know what action to take.

Doctor Answers 4

Poor Results of Mommy Makeover

Hello and thank you for your question. I would have to say starting off that I agree with the others here in that you should either visit your surgeon for a review, or find a second local board certified surgeon for a second opinion. You should be able to select financing options without the need to pay everything up front and be able to fix what is needed in order for you to feel better. Best of luck!

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 110 reviews

Unhappy With Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question. I am so sorry you aren't happy with your results. I recommend scheduling a visit with your surgeon, assuming he is Board Certified, to discuss your concerns. If your plastic surgeon isn't board certified or you are unable to come to a reasonable conclusion that you are satisfied with then I recommend scheduling a consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon for a 2nd opinion. Best of luck.

Mommy make-over - distressed by result

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • I am very sorry you are so distressed by your mommy make-over result.
  • It isn't clear from the photos what is going on.
  • Assuming your surgeon is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, start by sitting down with your surgeon and discussing your concerns, what to expect and what can be done.
  • If your surgeon is not a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, have a consultation with one and take your before photos and your operative note to see what is going on.
  • You also need your regular doctor to check you - if you had serious complications you may be anemic.
  • And you may need treatment for depression to get through this.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Revision surgery

I'm sorry to hear that you're so disappointed. When a patient has an unsatisfactory result, it's usually best to start by discussing the situation with your original surgeon. Any surgeon can have unfortunate results, but most surgeons will work with a patient to improve things if the outcome is not what either party expected. Your photos are often of poor quality, so it's difficult to determine your pre-op appearance and issues, as well as your current appearance. If you meet with your surgeon for a calm and reasonable discussion, I would expect that he or she would help you reach a fair solution. It would be important to schedule such a discussion when your surgeon has plenty of time, so he/she won't feel rushed and stressed for time. Don't be hostile and accusatory unless your surgeon truly shows no empathy or willingness to listen. You should be on the same team, not adversaries, since you both want the same thing. 

Andres Taleisnik, MD
Orange County Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.