8 days post op, I have white bulbs on my scalp. And they are itchy, swollen, and sore. Is this normal? (photos)

Following Dr Rashid's request i have included pics of the whitish bulbs on my scalp. I am now 8 days post surgery, and the recipient areas are immensely itchy!!! The scabs are dried out, when I wash it, they come off along with particles of hair. Also my scar line is also very itchy and now swollen and sore than it was after surgery. Are all these normal? I had a FUT surgery.

Itching after Hair Transplant

Itching is normally seen after any hair transplant and it is perfectly normal to have mild to moderate itching between the days 1-14 after hair transplant.  You are at day 8 and still have the scabs at the pedicles of the grafts.  They should go away in the next few days with proper washing.  If itching is really bothering you, your doctor can prescribe you a mild steroid cream or other medications for a short time. 

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

White bulbs and itchy scalp

The white bulbs are coming from shedding hair which is normal. For itching I recommend  the medications HPR + HydroGel work well for itching and you can get the reference from your doctor or call 1-844-genRx2u to get the medications.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post op hIr transplant

You need to contact your doctor and visit him for a follow up.  Some itching is normal Nd should go away as you heal. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Itchy, swollen, and sore scalp can be normal days after a hair transplant surgery

Itchy, swollen, and sore scalp can be normal days after a hair transplant surgery.  It is always a good idea to follow up with your doctor for a recheck.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Itching post transplant

Itching is normally in the first two weeks following transplant. Scabs may still be present as well. With proper washing these should diminish within a few days. If the itching continues to be bothersome or worsens, you doctor could prescribe you a steroid type cream.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon