What are these tubes inside my nose?

Around a week ago I had a rhinoplasty, but I wasnt explained much about the packaging etc so I am getting it all removed tomorrow I believe, what are the names of these? Will they hurt to come out?

Doctor Answers 1

Possible Septal Splints

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Dear abbeybro,

I have not seen a device like that before, but if you had work done on your nasal septum, it may be a variant of something we call a Doyle splint to hold the septum in the midline during the initial healing.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.