Is this a start of skin necrosis or infection? (photos)

I had a chin reduction procedure 12 days a go and the incision has gone dark and purplish so was just seeing is there any cause for concern or is it all part of the healing process, thanks.

Start of skin necrosis or infection

Thank you for your question. I do not see any major signs of infection in this photo. I do agree that it looks like your incision is slightly open. With that being said, be sure to keep it clean and covered. It will be very easy for bacteria to get in. Follow up with your surgeon for post care instructions. Best of luck!

Dhaval M. PatelĀ 
Double board certified
Plastic surgeon
Hoffman Estates
Barrington
Oakbrook
Chicago

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Is this a start of skin necrosis or infection

Thanks for your question. The sub mental incision in your photo is slightly open, and does not appear to be necrosed or infected.  Cleanse and apply triple antibiotic ointment and cover 2x per day. Contact your Plastic surgeon today for his/her wound care recommendations. Good Luck

Concerned about chin incision

Thank you for your picture.  I do not see any skin loss.  Your incision may be slightly open and irritated.  Please see your surgeon for a detailed examination to make sure that you do not have an infection.

Is this a start of skin necrosis or infection?

i don't see any obvious evidence of infection or skin necrosis but the side of your incision has opened. You need to forward your concerns to your surgeon ASAP.