Will a smaller breast implant move about in a pocket that was previously made wide for a wider implant?

I have a very wide teardrop implant 425cc thinking I was getting high profile (it says HP on the medical card) for it's slimness (I wanted projection) but instead my breast is now very wide. If I choose a high profile round implant will my now pocket need to be made smaller in width/height so the new implant doesn't move around too much? Sorry it wont let me upload a photo. If you would be kind enough to answer this, could I contact you directly via email? I can never fit all Q details in

Can a smaller implant be placed into a previously larger pocket??

Thanks for your great question.  Some patients choose to change the larger implant size chosen in their youth to a more natural look opting now for a smaller implant.  When this happens, there is a good chance that the pocket will need to be made smaller.  This can be done with a capsulorrhaphy, (internal sutures) and a breast lift, to remove excess skin that may have stretched to accommodate the original larger implant. This adjustment of the breast implant capsules allows the smaller implant to fit into the opening without the worry of the implant moving.  I hope this has proven to be helpful.  Good luck in your search.

#BreatImplantRevision - Will a smaller breast implant move about in a pocket

Yes, this is a legitimate concern.  Matching the base diameter of an implant can help, but that may mean a much lower profile implant.  Other choices include sewing off portions of the pocket (termed a "capsulorraphy"), using textured implants (which "slide" around less), adding ADM (such as Alloderm) to control the dimensions of the pocket, or some combination of the above.  You should of course discuss this in person with your own plastic surgeon.  I hope that this helps and good luck, Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500

Yes, often when downsizing breast implants, adjustment of the   breast implant capsules (capsulorraphy) must be made to allow for appropriate fit of the smaller plants in the  surrounding capsules.   Otherwise, patients may experience breast implant displacement problems;  in other words, breast implants will  potentially move in unwanted directions. You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.